The 42nd Annual General Meeting of the Tokai Residents’ Association will be held on Tuesday November 11, at 7.30pm, at The Range, Orpen Road, Tokai. The guest speaker is Dr Helen Robinson whose latest book ‘Constantia and its Neighbours’ will be on sale. Refreshments will be served. All welcome. For inquiries call 082 701 0048.
The Mission of the Tokai Residents Association is to support the residents in perpetuating the atmosphere, environmental qualities and investments they have made in Tokai by pro-actively engaging with any body or organization, be it Municipal or private, which may threaten the status quo.
Their objectives are to :
- retain the unspoilt rural character of Tokai and surrounding areas
- ensure the continuation of the Single Residential Zoning that is established in the area
- ensure the compliance with town planning requirements, regulations and procedures
- restrict the scope and extent of commercial activities in the area
- control and prevent ground, water, air, noise, light and signage pollution as well as traffic congestion
- ensure that all traffic signs are visible and adhered to
- encourage the preservation and maintenance of the natural environment in and around Tokai, including forest areas, open spaces and parks
- ensure the conservation and upkeep of the historical and cultural environment in Tokai
- monitor the upkeep and maintenance of all municipal services and infrastructures
- monitor the provision of adequate and effective health and safety measures
- prevent organized public and private events that may negatively impact on residents
- work with residents to ensure a safe and environmentally friendly area
- make residents aware that the TRA is here to assist them in keeping Tokai a desirable place to live